EXQUISITE CARDS

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

FROM MY STUDIO

Unless I'm painting for myself, most job involves a bit of stress. Which is why I love my quick sketches. The layout for this drawing happened pretty fast. With the help of my copier, I played around with the scale & angle of the house. Everyone has a home copier these days. It definately helps to see the various layouts, without the need to redraw everything. After more quick thumbnails, I finally decided to keep the lines of the perspective straight & flat. I want to contrast the looseness of the flower border that's going to be infront of the house. When composing, CONTRAST is usually in the back of my mind. This small water color, is my reference point...playing with similar vertical & horizontal lines. Since the formula works, I'm applying the same principle to this new house portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment